Thursday 6 October 2005

#17 Pirates

Not (as) much to tell this week I'm afraid... what with having to start actual work, this will have to be a quick catch-up of everything I've forgotten to tell you so far...

As you can see from the Sheffield photo gallery, I have now become known as Steve The Pirate. I'm not sure why - I think he's a film character, or possibly off a computer game - but as my name's Steve, it follows that I must be a pirate. Practically every morning for the first two weeks, I'd wake up and open my door to find a new pirate poster stuck on. Unfortunately, because my room is right next to the fire exit, they all got ripped off when we had our 6:45am fire drill on Tuesday. Nice.

▪ Sheffield is full of squirrels.
▪ It's quite cold up North.
▪ We still get Fish & Chip Friday in the canteen.
▪ Northern boys love gravy.
▪ My Biblical Studies tutor is a frustrated magician.
▪ I've still only met one person with a Yorkshire accent.
▪ You can get London's XFM with a crystal-clear signal, but not five!
▪ There's hardly any mobile phone signal around these parts, either.


Quote of the week:
"I wasn't kissing her, I was whispering into her mouth"
(Woody Allen)

Most grudging reply of the week:
Student: "Hey, aren't you that pirate guy?"
Bozz: "(sigh) Yes."

And finally...
It's true: CITV's Bernard (of the Watch fame) lives in my corridor