Friday 14 April 2006

#44 Death

I've been enjoying having the house to myself for a few days this week. It was great to be able to lie in bed with a good album on the record player and not have to worry about waking everyone up, or getting up in the morning with sore ears from falling asleep with my headphones in. It has meant a slight decline in the standard of dinner, but we all have to make some sacrifices.

Playing this week:
Morrissey - "Ringleader Of The Tormentors"
(not his finest work, in my humble opinion, but good singles)

Determined not to return to Sheffield feeling disappointed that I hadn't seen enough of my friends in the break, it's been great to be able to meet up with everyone. From going down the pub with the usual suspects, to going to an "indie posers' club" in London and just having a gathering with Elyse and Adèle... I'm glad we've all met up, but I'm slightly dismayed that we really won't see much of each other in the Summer. To help co-ordinate meetings with those of you travelling abroad this year...

Dates that I will be present in England:
2006: January 1 - December 31

The gathering has also strengthened my desire to be known as Bozz again. Hence, from this point on, "Steve/Stephen" is a purely formal introduction.

Another scary thought: there really isn't that long now until the end of the first academic year. I've got just four weeks of lectures when I return, and then it's straight into my exams. Literally: they're all finished within another week. This means I have even more time to work/continue my search for employment.

Proof you need a job:
You can't afford The Streets' new album

Found at last: my favourite advert:



If only all adverts were this amusing, and not as insanely annoying as the "quote me happy" Norwich Union ones. "Yeah, it's green, and its got 4 wheels... wow!!".