Friday 28 April 2006

#46 Easy living

This last week has been fairly mental. I don't feel like I've been away from the place because the routine has fallen into place so quickly again. The only noticeable difference is my official itBox partner, but both are as obsessed with the thing as the other, so there's no great shift.

Facebook quote of the week:
Work like you don't need the money,
love like you've never been hurt,
and dance like nobody's watching.

Having been disappointed with Morrissey's new album (bought last week), I was rather hoping that The Streets' latest offering might help to balance things out. And, boy, does it.

There are few albums that once I've heard for the first time, can't stop listening to - on constant repeat - for the next few days. "The Hardest Way To Make An Easy Living" is one of them. It's taught me latin (Momento Mori ), it details how to make £300 using only a dog and a pub landlord, and it's cleared up the mystery of what Mike's manager is saying on the phone (when not garbled and censored). It's brilliant, I suggest you go and buy a copy.

New catchphrase of the week:
I know!

This weekend's looking fairly busy. There's an essay to be written, a film to go see, a picnic to be attended, the University Beer Festival to browse, World Championship snooker to be watched... yes, it's tough at the top. I also have to get my hair cut next week before trapesing around the city in search of jobs. My lack of qualifications in the Dough & Savouries field has ruled me out of any job at Coopland's Bakery, but I'll have to be quick before all the local kids go and nab all the summer jobs. Then on Wednesday evening I'm off to see Morrissey (yes, I know what I said earlier) and Thursday is an opportunity to vote in the local elections! Woot!

Replacement chant for "Your dad works for my dad":
- Give me an E!
- E!
- Give me an E!
- E!
- Give me an E!
- E!
- What do you get?
- Into Hallam!