Thursday 25 May 2006

#50 Meh

Well that's it, I'm done. My last exam, English Literature, ended at noon (although to be honest I was back in my room and enjoying a beer at 11:15) so that's the end of my first year at uni. To top it all, it's a sunny day and England have literally just bowled out Sri Lanka in the cricket for very little.

This week I've had two exams - neither went brilliantly, but neither was a disaster either; I've been to a rather scary dental appointment (it's not very reassuring when the person setting up your X-ray has a badge saying "Sheffield Hallam University"); I saw "Goodnight And Good Luck" at the union cinema; and we celebrated Ollie Shaw's birthday on Saturday...

Photographic evidence: Click here


Since coming to Sheffield, I've...
▪ Become a pirate
▪ Changed my name
▪ Been introduced to Rubicon, Real McCoys and pies
▪ Ridden a paternoster
▪ Heard my first real Owl
▪ Been to watch the Blades play
▪ Taught nursery rhymes to a Cypriot
▪ Met a bunch of weirdos
▪ Met a (bigger) bunch of fantastic people

Things I won't miss
▪ Being able to hear next-door's hot tap
▪ "Missing" breakfast
▪ A severe lackage of Friday lie-ins
▪ TV "rooms"
▪ Ranmoor food
▪ Ranmoor buildings
▪ Ranmoor doors
▪ Ranmoor halls

Random fact:
The £1 coin has a scrap value of roughly 5p, the £2 coin around 8p. The 50p at 4p is worth less than the 20p, at 5p.