Thursday 27 October 2005

#20 Bullets

Well I'm in a writing mood this week, having had 4 assignments dumped on me with deadlines starting next week. Obviously, this has been quite a shock to the system, having been used to dossing about for hours on end. It's so strange: I've been here for six weeks now, and I've already got right into the routine. At the same time, it feels far too early to be doing any real work!!

So, being tired and lazy after a succession of late nights and putting up with annoying people, here's another one of those things-I've-learnt-this-week things I churn out when I can't be bothered to write proper sentences.

Things I've learnt this week:

▪ Far from being an intelligent, high-brow drama, Lost is actually a load of tosh... I mean, Charlie died for Pete's sake: how did they bring back a man left hanging by his neck?!?
▪ I've finally learnt the combination to the kitchen door
▪ People who say they're from The Wirral are actually too ashamed to say they're from Birkenhead. Just like people who pronounce Clapham as "Clarm", or those that claim they're from "St. Reatham", but are actually from Streatham

▪ Telling people from The Wirral that they're actually from Birkenhead is not a wise move
▪ Having Snakebite splashed in your eyes stings like mad (see above)

▪ Calling ladies by their surname, preceded by the phrase "Shut It" is not a wise move, especially first thing in the morning
▪ Orange juice poured over Frosties and milk tastes jank (see above)

▪ The Arctic Monkeys' 'I Bet That You Look Good On The Dancefloor' gets surprisingly annoying after the four-hundredth playing on the radio
▪ Two words to strike fear into anyone at the canteen: "Italian Night"
▪ It's grim up North


I always get them two muddled-up of the week:
- "Someone keeps setting all the air fresheners off in our block"
- "Air-fresheners?"
- "Yeah, them things (points)"
- "That's a fire extinguisher"

Best way to guarantee you'll never take 'Lost' seriously again:
Every time you see Jack make a facial expression, think of Gromit