Thursday 29 December 2005

#29 MMV

Well, it's the last Thursday blog of 2005, and I've clearly run out of ideas. Enjoy this cobbled-together collection of bullet points, enjoy the last few days of 2005, and have a cracking New Year's Eve. I shall return in the New Year with a few new ideas (not radically different from what I'm doing now)...


Five of the best MSN names:
"Never argue with an idiot.
They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience"
"The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing.
If you can fake that, you've got it made."
"Few things are harder to put up with than the annoyance of a good example"
"If a deaf person has to go to court, is it still called a hearing?"
"To the world you are just one person, but to one person you may be the world"


Best TV:
Doctor Who


Five of the best singles:
The Go! Team - 'Everyone's A VIP To Someone'
Hot Hot Heat - 'Middle Of Nowhere'
Gorillaz - 'Dare'
Doves - 'Black And White Town'
Maxïmo Park - 'The Coast Is Always Changing'


Best to keep quiet:
Katrina & The Waves


Five of the best lyrics:
"I am a dark horse/But I keep it to myself" - My Computer - 'Life'
"Blood runs through your veins/That's where our similarity ends" Editors - 'Blood'
"We're the stars of CCTV/Can't you see the camera loves me?" Hard-Fi - 'Stars Of CCTV'
"I am not an acrobat/I cannot perform these tricks for you" Maxïmo Park - 'Acrobat'
"Thank you for waiting/While I stopped creating/It's long overdue/So here's something new" Osymyso - 'Something New'


Best gig:
Damien Rice at the Paris Trianon


Five of the best albums:
The Go! Team - "Thunder, Lightning, Strike"
Maxïmo Park - "A Certain Trigger"
Bloc Party - "Silent Alarm"
Coldplay - "X&Y"
Editors - "The Back Room"


...and several more albums that I wanted to put in the list above:
The Arcade Fire - "Funeral" (released in 2004)
Hard-Fi - "Stars of CCTV" (released in 2004)
Franz Ferdinand - "You Could Have It So Much Better"
Gorillaz - "Demon Days"
Hot Hot Heat - "Elevator"
The Bravery - "The Bravery"
Kaiser Chiefs - "Employment"
KT Tunstall - "Eye To The Telescope"


Danger!
Always check for short people when attempting to dance to 'Jump Around'


Not to be confused:
A ponce & a nonce
Jack Johnson & John Jackson
Fire extinguishers & air fresheners


Five bands I should like but don't:
Queen
The Rolling Stones
The Beatles
The Arctic Monkeys
The Darkness


And finally...
"I used to be an atheist. Now I recognise I'm God."