Tuesday 27 December 2005

Christmas

I hope everyone had a good Christmas. I was lucky enough to get the CDs I asked for this year, so I've been listening to the Gorillaz "Demon Days", De La Soul's "3 Feet High And Rising" and admiring The Go! Team's "Thunder, Lightning, Strike". What with being "at that difficult age", most people settled for cash or gift vouchers, so I'm sure my music collection will continue to grow...

No Christmas is complete without Boxing Day football... although this year's strange arrangements meant a trip for the mighty Dartford FC to Aveley, Essex, today instead. If you weren't there -- and let's face it, that's most of you -- you missed a three-nil victory, a punch-up, some comedy chanting, a snow-storm, and the chance to get frostbite. The 3:30 kick-off didn't help, so not only was it cold and snowy, but also pitch-black by half time.

Have a fun week: remember it's your last chance to do really silly things before dismissing them as "so 2005"...